Welding flux SJ601 is a type of alkaline agglomerated flux special for welding stainless steels and high alloy heat resistant steels, the basicity of which is about 1.8, gray while spherical grains in appearance. Its grain size is 2.0-0.28mm(10-60 meshes).SJ601 is suitable for use with DC power; filler wires connect with positive electrode.
Sintered submerged arc welding flux SJ601
Name: Agglomerated submerged arc welding flux SJ601
SAW wires: AWS A5.9 ER308, ER308L, ER316, etc.
Power supply: DC (DCEP), AC
Basicity: 1.8 BIIW.
Grain size: 10-60 mesh (0.28-2.0mm)
Alloy transfer: Cr
Category: submerged arc welding of stainless steel & heat-resistant steel & high-alloy steel
Industry: offshore constructions, offshore drilling platform, oil & gas pipelines, LPG cylinder, etc.
Description: agglomerated flux. Stable arc, Uniform weld metal surface. SJ601 contains some chromium element, which is a compensation to chromium depletion. It could improve resistance to intergranular corrosion. Welding flux SJ601 is specially suitable for low and ultra-low carbon stainless steel, because it rarely increases the carbon content of weld metal.
Package: damp-proof packing, 25kg/bag
Chemical Composition of Flux (%)
Mechanical Properties of Deposit Metal
Yield Strength ReH (δs) MPa
Tensile Strength Rm (σb) MPa
Elongation A (δ5) %
Charpy-V lmpact Test (J)
1. We get values in data sheets from tests carried out in accordance to AWS and GB standard procedure. They only represent values we get under those conditions. They are not to be taken as guarantees. As to welding, individual test results may vary depending on experience & technique, flux type, base metal, joint preparation, flux preparation, ampere, voltage, etc.
2. If welding fluxes are stored in improper environment or influenced by condensed moisture, anyway, they get damp, please dry them at 300-350℃ for 2 hours before usage.
3. Please clean the rust, oil, water on base metal before welding.
4. Add minumum 20% new flux when using recovered flux to avoid welding defects and maintain welding performance & mechanical properties.
5. Please control parameters properly, like preheat temperature, interpass temperature, cooling rate.
DENGFENG, established in 1981, is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers in China. Should you're interested in our submerged arc welding flux for stainless steel aws er308l & er316, welcome to buy our quality products with reasonable price. And the wholesale service is also offered in our factory.